So recently, I have had a bit of a fight with my hair. It is so much of my identity so when I want to act out, I simply dye or cut it and it perfectly reflects my mood. Permit me, to take you through my hair history (and please submit me yours!)
- Dying my hair red to look like Lita, the WWF wrestler
- Blonde, in attempt to regain my youth (I was only 15)
- Remember Christina Aguilera’s hair from the ‘Dirty’ video? Yup had that.
- Dreads (at uni, where else)
- No fringes
- Demanding a single lock of blond in my brunette hair after my hairdresser said no to doing the Cruella de Ville hair (good choice)
- Ombre (loved this one)
- Pink (made me feel like a Sailor Soldier)
- Buzzed side shave and full chop
So you can see I love the extreme. And lets face it, after having dreads you really don’t care what happens to your hair, you are just happy it’s growing back!
Recently I went to my friend Blair at Cheynes (www.cheyneshairdressing.com) who has been cutting my hair for years and always complies with my batshit crazy ideas. He and I decided on a great asymmetrical cut, with my left side of my head shaved to a 1. It turned out terrific and now I’m wondering why I didn’t do it before! If you can have the chance to cut your hair short, do it. Its really liberating!
Here is the pic I took in, we didn’t do the underside, but we did the side shave, and it looks amazing!
Let me know what your next crazy hair idea is, or what you would love to get buy aren’t brave enough!
Shameless plugging, but I’ve been going to Cheynes for years and they really are great. Cheynes Bruntsfield is the best, but I’m biased as I’ve been there a lot and the staff are all so nice! If you are lucky enough to get an appointment with Blair, get it
Note: I don’t get paid by Cheynes, I’m just sharing the love!